FIRST TIME HOMEBUYERS GRANT PROGRAM
Get help with a down payment or closing costs.
If you’re a first-time homebuyer, you could qualify for a $5,000 grant to help you purchase your home.
It’s called First Front Door (FFD) and your down payment could be matched 3 to 1. So for every dollar you put down, FFD will give you $3 in grant assistance for a total of $5,000. Here are the qualifications for a FFD grant:
- Be a first-time homebuyer. That means you haven’t owned a home within the past three years, or you owned a home only while married but not as a single person within the last three years. This also includes a married couple if either has not owned a home in the past three years.
- Secure a first mortgage through People First.
- Have an income at or below 80 percent of the area median income.
- Not be a student working less than 30 hours per week.
- Complete at least four hours of homeownership counseling before purchasing your home.
- Agree to maintain the home for five years to retain the full amount of the grant. If a sale occurs before the five years expire, a portion of the grant may be required to be repaid.
Applying for a First Front Door grant
Don’t miss out on a grant that could get you into your first home.
One of our mortgage specialists will review these and other program requirements with you. Call to speak to a Real Estate Specialist at 484.640.1134.